Friday, November 7, 2008

Honeymoon - Honolulu Hawaiian Lua

I finally have a chance to post some leisure pictures. This is from my honeymoon in Hawaii in May of 2008. What's Hawaii without a Lua right? This is from Germaine's Lua in Honolulu.




Roast Pig anyone? Mmmmmm, it was good. Believe me it was!

What's a Hawaiian dish without Poi (In the little purple container above the tray). Poi is the staple food of the Polynesian people. It's made from basically from Taro. Our host from the lua insisted that everyone MUST try the Taro at least once before leaving Hawaii. I tried it, and my conclusion is it tastes like NOTHING. It had no taste to it. Just a creamy-like texture added to enhance the food we were eating. If you ask me would I eat it again, sure why not, but it's not something I would die to eat again, nor something I miss from my trip either.

No comments: