This dish was inspired by my friend SushiMonkee. Ok, so it's not an original recipe, but it's famous, and if you're not into cooking fancy breakfeast foods I still highly recommend trying this dish. It's quick, delicious, and tastefully presented.
The recipe is so easy I think even the husbands will be able to make you breakfast in bed. I made the hubby this the other day and being the healthy person he said it was too heart-clogging for his taste buds. Oh well, what does he know? I live for buttery and fattening food!
- Butter the frying pan, or you can use olive oil
- Cut the bread in the middle with a cookie cutter. You can make fancy shapes and try hearts as well!
- Place the pieces of bread into the pan and crack the eggs in the hole (Make sure you toss in the round pieces of bread too)
- Drop a tad bit of extra-virgin olive oil on top of the yolk, so when you flip it, the eggs don't stick to the pan
- Serve with pepper and the extra left-over bread