Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fruit Tart


One of my favorite recipes from my friend Joy of Food. She should just name her blog Joy of Baking, because I refer to her as the Queen of baking. I think maybe that blog name was taken already.

Fruit tart is my all time favorite desserts. This is the most simple and delicious fruit tart recipe ever. Pictured is my attempt without the nice fancy fruit tart shell, because baking the shell is considered to me as "too much work". In fact anything that involves baking from scratch is either too much work, or not considered real food to me. Below Joy of Food's crust tastes much better than mine. Since I'm constrained for time I used the pre-made shortbread crust from the supermarket.

For the filling:

1/2 cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


1) In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth
2) Add the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla and beat until soft peaks forms
3)Just before serving, spread filling into the tart shell and top with fresh berries or cut up fruit

No comments: