Friday, January 23, 2009

Crab/Fish Cake Congee

Any dish that has crabs I cannot pass up. Have you ever thought of what crab congee would taste like? Well, this is my own little creation one winter day when I wanted congee, but I had nothing else in the fridge to work with. Crab congee!

OK, maybe not real crabs, but the imitation crabs, or otherwise called "fish cake" crabs. This Osaki brand is the only brand of fake crabs I would ever use in a dish. I think this brand tastes the best and the most real-to-life crabs you can get in your grocery section. I normally find these at the Asian/Korean supermarkets around my area. It's a little pricier than the other brands, but hence the taste is extraordinary during those cold, cold winter days.






Congee:

Fresh or canned Chicken Broth
1 cup of rice
Dried Red Onions




No comments: